Defending Your Rights In
New York For Over 25 Years

New Paltz Moving Violations Point System Lawyer

Most states use some sort of point system, a method of keeping track of traffic violations on drivers’ licenses. If you accumulate too many points in New York, you will face greater fines and even the loss of your driver’s license.

If you are getting too many points too fast, I can help. As a New Paltz moving violations point system attorney, I have experience helping my clients keep their point-penalties as low as possible so they can keep driving and avoid excessive fines. From my New Paltz law firm, I provide personal contact and exceptionally personalized legal representation, backed with more than 25 years of experience.

Experience Defending Clients From Traffic Charges In Local Courts

I have experience defending clients in many of the local courts that see a lot of traffic violations because of their locations along the New York Thruway or the Taconic State Parkway:

Penalties For Accumulating Points ∙ The New York Driver Responsibility Assessment Program

Different point amounts are assessed based on the seriousness of the specific infraction. Any single infraction can carry from 2 to 11 points. When you accumulate 6 or more points, you will be subject to the New York Driver Responsibility Assessment Program. Under this program, you will pay additional fines every year for three years in addition to the fine for the specific infraction.

Infraction Number of points
Speeding 3 – 11 points (varies by speed)
Reckless driving 5 points
Cellphone use while driving 5 points
Stop sign and traffic signal violations 3 points
Seat belt violations 3 points

If you accumulate too many points on your driver’s license, you will face additional fines and the possibility of losing your license.

Free Initial Consultations From Your New York Traffic Ticket Lawyer

I offer a free initial consultation, giving you the opportunity to learn about your case and what I can do to help you save your driver’s license. Either call my office or send me an e-mail for more information.